Friday 5 September 2014

#NicasInspirations: Go behind the Lauren grab with Nica Kim

I hope that you’re loving our latest A/W 14 collection? I’m very pleased with the results, and of course, I have lots of favourites! One style that I just can’t put down is the Lauren grab. So, this week, I thought that I’d give you a little more of an insight into its design!


I love the Doctor’s bag shape, which is a style that comes and goes out of fashion, and I wanted to infuse its classic shape with a Nica twist! I decided to give it more of a minimal feel, and so, I looked towards sleek, linear influences.

Travels aside, when I'm designing, I often turn to sources such as Pinterest as it’s the quickest way to pull together lots of different kinds of inspiring images that I could never find in just one trip away. I love sharing my design influences with you.

I'm going to start sharing some of my Pinterest design mood boards with you too. First up is the beautiful Lauren grab! You can view its board here


As to stick to the non-conventional Doctor’s bag theme, I finished with a zip top closure, and added a detachable crossbody strap. The result is an ultra-modern twist upon a vintage feeling style that’s both stylish yet easy to carry around with you. - Be it as a crossbody or a grab.


I’d love to hear what you think about our new A/W14 collection. Take a look at our full range here and let me know which ones are your favourites by getting in touch @Nica_Handbags on Twitter and @nicahandbags on Instagram.   

Love Nica
- x - 

No comments:

Post a Comment