Thursday 20 June 2013

Nica's Travels

I am ever hopeful for the sun to make a more regular appearance in the London skies, but being realistic as well, I was really looking forward to my trip to fashion mecca Hong Kong and then on to my homeland – South Korea! J (and my mum’s cooking!!)

I love the inspiration you get in Hong Kong – the fashion sense is seemingly set to fast forward! And I am always encouraged to push the boundaries of what is possible to do. The fast pace of life, the incredible skyscrapers and the pure energy of Hong Kong is amazing.



Hong Kong has long been known as a shopper’s paradise where you can come across trendy boutiques, dazzling shopping malls and vibrant street markets. It provides so many fascinating places to shop, such as Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay, and the famous Ladies Market in the vibrant Mongkok area. And in direct contrast are the queues to get into both high street shops (like Top Shop which opens here in June) and the luxury fashion stores!



“... a fine way to capture a piece of the magic of a unique city.
The drama, the charm and the beauty of Hong Kong is all here-just as is its breathless energy.”
― Nury Vittachi, Hong Kong: The City of Dreams

Part of my trip was also to China where we put all of that inspiration to paper creating some of the bags that we all love J


This is just the beginning of my journey for the next collection – I cannot wait to tell you about another inspirational trip for my design.
Until then, I will pack some sunshine in my bag to bring back with me J

Love Nica Kim xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment