Friday 7 February 2014

Discover Nica's Design Inspirations: The Vintage Botanic Print

'Ideas can come from anywhere, you can take inspirations from anything.' 
 Paul Smith 



Last week, I spent an afternoon at London’s Design Museum exploring the Hello My Name Is Paul Smith exhibition. Paul Smith is one of many designers who produces work that I love, so, I wanted to go along and get a real insight into his world and what inspires him. 




Just like I often explain, the exhibition demonstrates that ideas can come from anywhere and inspiration can be derived from anything, with Paul often referring to film, artists, photography, and making general observations. One of the best parts was getting the chance to walk down a long corridor decorated with a sample of Paul's own personal collection of inspiring art and photography (above). And as the sign suggests, it really did feel like I was taking a trip inside his head! 




Similarly to Paul, I often refer to beautiful pieces of art or photography for design inspirations, and most recently, I've been looking towards finely illustrated watercolour nature motifs, which led to the creation of our latest print the Vintage Botanic. They make me feel very nostalgic, and bring back happy memories of growing up in Korea!

Do you have a favourite source of design inspiration? Simply tell me below, or tweet @Nica_Handbags

Love,
Nica x 



No comments:

Post a Comment