As you’re probably already quite aware by now, we love discovering new recipes online and getting some tips from our favourite bloggers but we never get around to sharing our own baking attempts with you. Well, as of today, that’s about to change!
Each month, we’ll be donning our oven mitts and getting our bake on just for you! And just to make ourselves feel a little bit better about all of the extra sweet treats that we’ll now be sampling, all of our recipes will have an healthy edge… But of course that doesn't mean that they'll taste any less delicious!
We've derived recipe inspiration from various sources online, added in a few of our own ideas, and we’re kicking off our baking fest with a scrummy organic cheese cake for which you’ll need the following ingredients:
1.5 cups raw cashews – soaked in water overnight or 4 hours +
1.5 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
1 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raw brazil nuts
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
*Feel free to mix and match the seeds and nuts, you don't need to have a big selection – just add up the quantities.
Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
*Other toppings can be used such as strawberries, peanut butter, or passion-fruit.
1. Add dates into the food processor and blend until they clump together into a sticky ball.
2. Empty the dates from the food processor and add the rest of the base ingredients, pulsing the food processor until the nuts and seeds form smaller crumbs, next add the dates back in and blend all together.
3. Empty the base mixture into a lightly greased tupperware container or tin and spread the mixture along the bottom evenly, set aside.
4. Drain the soaked cashews and add into the food processor along with the juice of the lemon, (watch out for pips!) and the rest of the filling ingredients, then, blend until a cream mixture forms.
5. Evenly spread the filling mixture over the base and decorate with the washed blueberries, now all is left is to pop the cheesecake into the freezer for 4+ to set.
Et Voilà! Cut the cheese cake up into slices, and enjoy with a nice cup of herbal tea! Why not test out our recipe for yourself, and share how you get along by tagging your bagging photos with #NicaBakes on Twitter or Instagram?
And we’re always looking for some healthy baking inspiration, so, please share your own recipes with us too!