Friday 13 February 2015

Go Inside the Park Chan-kyong & Lina Selander Exhibition with Nica

This week, I went along to London’s Rivington place to explore another exhibition that I've had my eye on. This one being a curation of two solo exhibitions featuring work by the Swedish artist Lina Selander and the Korean artist and film-maker Park Chan-kyong.

The exhibition looks at how film and photography in hand with political trauma have helped to shape modern society, and features the perfect combination of shorts alongside still pieces of art.   


Earlier this week, we were talking about creating the perfect workspace, and looking back at my snap inside the exhibition above had me dreaming about such a minimal desk. Especially one that with a direct view of such beautiful pieces of art. 


My desk is never this organised and I’ve got to admit that there’s something about the above that makes me want to sit down and start sketching. Sometimes it’s the finer details that transform something from ordinary into extra-ordinary, and that’s exactly what I thought when I spotted this little stool at the table.

The stencil artwork makes the piece, and reminds me of my own watercolour paintings which I love to create so much. I could imagine myself continuing the pattern onto the table and other surrounding chairs if I’d have got the chance.


I like going to exhibitions that involve more than just looking at the paintings, so I really enjoyed that this one was complemented by short video clips and projections. It’s a great way to keep you both informed and engaged throughout. 

I like going to exhibitions that involve more than just looking at the paintings, so I really enjoyed that this one was complemented by short video clips and projections. It’s a great way to keep you both informed and engaged throughout. 


I popped on the headphones and immersed myself in a beautiful piece of art, and sometimes you just never know how such great work will inspire your own future designs. 

I’m set on visiting plenty more exhibitions this year, so if you have any tips please drop me a comment below or tweet me @nica_handbags



No comments:

Post a Comment