Saturday 31 May 2014

Nica's Design Inspirations: The Classic Satchel with a Twist

From its origins as part of a Roman legionary’s luggage to the bag that many a school girl was forced to carry as part of their uniforms, there’s no denying that the satchel has done a 360, and gone from solely functional to an on-trend must have.

Fashion Blogger @leannelimwalker styles the Alicia satchel


These days, the most stylish way to wear your satchel is classic with a twist, maintaining the functionality of its traditional design yet transformed with on trend finishings. I love the possibilities presented by re-creating a classic, and so, each season I've taken the classic satchel design and infused it with a seasonal Nica style twist. From my unique watercolour prints adorning handy lightweight canvas satchels to bright pops of neon lemon or hot pink illuminating the classic leather feel satchels. 



For S/S 14, my small Amy satchel was perhaps one of my favourites to design. The shape of the Amy satchel is an absolute classic satchel shape, and I've brought it up to date with bright summer feeling colour pops, and then, finished with a simple splash of laser cut detailing - another of my favourite finishing details for this season. As always, my travels have helped to influence my designs, from the beautiful colours of flowers in bloom at botanical gardens to the intricate shapes upon buildings that inspired my laser cutting. The Amy satchel is also available in classic bone or tan for those who just can't resist a classic wardrobe staple. 

I've also thoroughly enjoyed seeing just how versatile my satchels are to style up into an outfit too, and we've had many fashion bloggers provide us with some gorgeous satchel style. As you know, I love bohemian style, and so, I thought that this was a great #OOTD by the Fox and Feather fashion blog. 


If you're looking for some satchel style inspiration, why not head over to our Pinterest and check out our fashion blogger gallery. 

Love Nica 
- x - 





No comments:

Post a Comment