Friday 24 January 2014

Discover Nica's Playlist: Inside James Vincent McMorrow's Gig

Following the launch of our S/S 14 collection and already planning the next one, NICA HQ has been pretty busy lately but I've still found some time to do the things that I enjoy in my free time! Last week, I went along with some of the NICA team to a gig at the Rough Trade East record store on Brick lane, in the heart of trendy East London.



And the gig of choice? It was to celebrate the release of James Vincent McMorrow’s amazing new album Post TropicalI've been a fan ever since I heard his début album Early in the Morning, and although the feel of his new music is much more minimal than that of his first album’s, I'm still completely hooked!



I'm often inspired by different kinds of music and I hope that you are too! So, why not take a listen to Cavalier the first track from his new album here for a glimpse into the kind of music that I love and feel inspired by. 


After enjoying an amazing performance that we didn't want to end, we got the opportunity to meet James too. Here’s one of our Designers Melissa posing for a lucky pic! 


We didn't miss out on snapping up our own copy of Post Tropical, and of course, getting it signed by James himself. Are you a fan of James Vincent McMorrow’s music? If so, what's your favourite track from his new album? 

I love to discover new music, so, please share your favourites with me! Drop me a comment below, or let me know @Nica_Handbags on Twitter! I'm looking forward to hearing your recommendations. 

Love, Nica,
- x - 


No comments:

Post a Comment