Thursday 12 September 2013

Behind the Nica Bag: Traveller

We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”
- Anaïs Nin, American Author -

My last few blog entries have been about venturing into the great outdoors, such as visiting enchanting gardens, vintage fairs, or even about my trips abroad to Hong Kong and Seoul. I evoke upon these kinds of trips not only to inspire the designs of my new Nica Handbags, but because I just love learning about different cultures and ways of life.




As soon as I begin packing my case, I start imagining what'll happen to me during my travels, and that influences which items I'll take along... I'll need comfy shoes, a camera, some vintage jewellery, a scarf, glasses, and little vintage clutches, of course! I find this process really exciting. 



I always encounter so many interesting people with such different personalities upon my travels, whether it be during a lovely country escape or a city break. There are always some kinds of hurdles to overcome but luckily I've always had positive experiences, and each time, the people who I meet help me to see the true beauty of nature, love, friendship, and fun! 




I wanted my A/W 13 collection to project a glimpse into the beautiful scenes and people, as well as how I felt, upon my travels. 



“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.”        
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson's Essays -





We are now turning a variety of pages in the book of our lives, and in the words of St. Augustine, “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page!” I hope that you can have a real voyage soon as to re-discover some of the real beauty of life :-)


Love, 
Xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment